So, when I started this thing, I wanted it to be ridiculously simple so that it had a long life and would be easier to maintain. In this vain, I chose a layout that, at the time, seemed to exemplify what I was aiming for.
What I forgot was that I don’t really like simple, unless it looks pretty. So here is my attempt at pretty while staying simple.
Yes, I know it isn’t that cool right now, but what I have planned for it will add to its coolness factor. There are two enhancements that I’m planning on right now:
- Global theme based on header image
- Dynamic segments of varying opacity overlaying the header image
I’ll also try to make better use of Lifestream, because I think its an awesome way of bringing everything together where it matters.
Additionally, some issues:
- IE6 didn’t really like this layout due to its stupid disappearing bug. I’ve hacked you, IE6.
- IE7 refuses to put a background on bottom bar. I refuse to fight with you, IE7.
- Firefox, Safari, Opera: thank you.