If this applies to you:
- You don’t want to pay for internet
- The linksys gods live around you
- Unfortunately, signals aren’t strong or are intermittent
- Never sure which network is up and working properly
- Don’t mind bricking a router
You can set up a dynamic repeater. Essentially, have your router scan networks to see what’s up and running and has the best signal, and rebroadcast it as your own private network.
I did brick a really cheap crappy router trying this, but it was more for kicks. Make sure you have enough flash memory. Also, it might be worthwhile to check this.