I’m a big fan of days when you’re asked to work from home, although these ‘severe weather conditions’ don’t necessarily afford me the ability to go out and play.
I was paged this morning, so I’m up extra early, and, while I’m waiting for a deployment to finish, I thought I’d do some blog work.
Current observations and subsequent realizations :
- I’m incredibly hungry: i should eat breakfast
- leo’s no longer one of my biggest tags!: he will be again after this post :(
- xkcd cartoon: complete and utter truth
- Grim Optimism: Woke up early, but not early enough. Reminds me of the subject of my dreams
- 32nm: I feel bad for my former employer, then really happy I was never given the slip…
- Deep Throat dies: why was Mark Felt called Deep Throat again? According to the love of my life:
[Howard Simons](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Simons), the [managing editor](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Managing_editor) of the _Post_ during Watergate, dubbed the secret informant "Deep Throat" as an allusion to the notorious [eponymous pornographic movie](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Throat_%28film%29) which was a mainstream [cause célèbre](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cause_c%C3%A9l%C3%A8bre) at the time. The name was also a play on the [journalism](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journalism) term "[deep background](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journalism_sourcing)," referring to information provided by a secret source that, by agreement, will not be reported directly.